PeTunia’s Sunrise Syrupless Pancakes
- Pancake Mix 5 Maraschino Cherries per pancake
- Milk 1 Banana, sliced – two slices per pancake
- 1 egg, lightly beaten 1can Mandarin Oranges in light syrup, approx. 16 wedges per pancake
- 1 Tbsp oil Blueberries – two per pancake
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice Cantaloupe – ½ -inch piece, cut into a triangle, per pancake
- 2 Tbsp sugar Sweet Seedless Grapes – two per pancake
- 1 tsp vanilla 2 Tbsp Butter
Recipes prepared by Little Buddies need adult supervision.
Make your favorite pancakes for at least three large or six medium pancakes using milk as the liquid instead of water in a mixing bowl.
Gently stir in the egg, oil, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla to pancake mixture.
Let rest while you prepare fruit.
Rinse blueberries and grapes. Pat dry.
Drain the oranges and place on a paper towel to dry.
Slice the cherries in half and place on a paper towel to dry.
Slice grapes lengthwise in half. Continue slicing grape lengthwise for the eyelashes.
Cut a small triangle with a piece of cantaloupe for the nose.
Adult – heat frying pan or griddle to medium high heat. Make sure the pan is heated all the way through so the pancakes will be golden brown.
Melt butter in microwave. Lightly grease your pan with melted butter.
Pour 1 cup of batter into hot pan. Cook the pancake 2 – 3 minutes, until tiny bubbles have formed across the top of the pancake. Flip over and continue cooking for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Peel and slice banana.
Place the pancake on a plate and surround it with the mandarin oranges.
Add two slices of banana and place a blueberry atop the banana for the eyes.
Add the sliced grapes for the eyelashes. The cantaloupe for the nose.
Make a big smile with the cherries