Ever look at the front of one that’s sparkling and shimmering, and you’re oohing and ahhing, and you just can’t seem to toss it in the trash?
Can you not throw it away AND help others? Yes!
According to St. Jude’s Ranch for Children website, “They recycle your new and used greeting cards and create new holiday and all-occasion greeting cards. Operated by Kids’ Corp., a program designed to teach entrepreneurship skills, the children at the Ranch participate in making the new “green” cards by removing the front and attaching a new back. The result is a beautiful new card made by children and volunteers... they receive payment for their work and learn basic job skills and the importance of recycling."
The following are their requests:
- Only the card front can be used (please check to be sure the backside of the front of the card is clear of any writing, etc.)
- We cannot accept Hallmark, Disney or American Greeting cards
- 5″ x 7″ size or smaller is preferred
- To mail large quantities in the least expensive way, use a USPS (United States Post Office) Flat Rate Box (available at your local Post Office), which holds up to 70 pounds
- Mail donations to: St. Jude’s Ranch for Children Recycled Card Program 100 St. Jude’s Street Boulder City, NV 89005
Enjoy your cards, and then help St. Jude’s Ranch for Children, their programs and services for abused, neglected and homeless children, young adults and families. Sounds like a win-win situation!
More information at https://stjudesranch.org/about-us/recycled-card-program/
Thank you! If the ones that they help could say “Thank you!” too, I’m sure they would.